Tucson and Southern Arizona
YUMA AND AJO
Step back in time at the Yuma Territorial Prison and Yuma Quartermaster Depot State Park. Delight in expansive national wildlife refuges of desert, mountain and riparian habitats. View Spanish Colonial Revival architecture in Ajo and visit the New Cornelia Mine.
TUCSON, SIERRA VISTA, TOMBSTONE, BISBEE Savor the arts and culture of Tuscon; delight in the Pima Air & Space Museum; hike Mount Lemon or mosey on over to the Wild West towns of Tombstone and Bisbee. Don’t miss the majestic rock formations of Kartchner Caverns.
Southern Arizona Top 10
1. Kartchner Caverns - Experience a stunning limestone cave that boasts world-class features. Discovered in 1974, this “live” cave is host to a wide variety of unique minerals and formations. Plan your visit today, call 520-586-2283 or visit www.azstateparks.com/Parks/KACA/.
2. University of Arizona Biosphere 2 - Come experience the remarkable Biosphere 2 which Time Life Books recently named one of the 50 must see “Wonders of the World”. Call 520-838-6200 or visit
3. Kitt Peak National Observatory – Come see the world’s largest collection of optical telescopes, located high above the Sonoran Desert. Call 520-318-8726 or visit www.noao.edu.
4. Old Tucson Studios – Exciting adventure, gunfights and daring stunts awaits at the base of Tucson
Mountains. Walk in the footsteps of John Wayne, Clint Eastwood and other Hollywood legends. Call
520-883-0100 or visit www.oldtucson.com.
5. Pima Air & Space Museum – Tour one of the largest aviation museums in the world featuring more than 300 historically significant aircraft and spacecraft from around the world. Call 520-574-0462 or visit www.pimaair.org.
6. Tombstone and the O.K. Corral – Visit the town too tough to die and experience the reenactment of the famous gun battle where Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, Virgil and Morgan Earp fought the Clantons and McLaurys. Call 520-457-3456 or visit www.okcorral.com.
7. Bisbee, home to the Copper Queen Mine and several hotels some say are haunted! Journey to the bottom of the mine and see what life was like as a miner in the early days. Climb the many steps through town and check out the shops, breweries and unique dining experiences. Call 866-432-2071 or visit www.queenminetour.com.
8. Willcox Winery, Vineyards and more! From Apple Annie’s Orchard to the Rex Allen Arizona Cowboy Museum to the fantastic scenery found in the Chiricahua National Monument and many area vineyards, it is easy to spend the day sightseeing the region.
9. Arizona Zipline Adventures – Experience the Catalina Mountains from a whole new prospective. Spend the day on the ziplines – both high and low, short hiking trails, the general store and restaurant or head up Mt. Lemmon to Summerhaven. Call 520-308-9350 or visit www.ziparizona.com.
10. Mission San Xavier Del Bac – The “White Dove of the Desert”, the mission was founded by Father Kino in the late 1600s and is considered one of the finest examples of Spanish mission architecture in the US. Call 520-294-2624 or visit www.sanxaviermission.org.